Quote:
Originally posted by VADER:
Hell, I have more coin in a pair of XLR interconnects than you chumps have in this so called AV processor-950!

So why do you wish to bring some snobbery to a forum of people who do not know each other?

You are fortunate to either afford or accept he costs of said equipment you talk of, good for you. I am an audiophile and I would if situation allows invest in ever higher end equipment, but even though I do not own the 950, I appreciate what it brings. I am a happy owner at this moment of a mid-high end Denon AV receiver. It was the best my budget at the time allowed me to afford. Had my disposable budget allowed for a 950/7100 combo etc. I would have jumped at it and known that I was getting equipment that an audiophile/videophile would appreciate.

Audiophile is not just the person who spends the most. My system has been carefully put together and lovingly set up in my listening room. I have invested appropriate amounts on speakers, cables, electronics and I bet you would be highly impressed in the sound of what I have, until you saw the equipment and your snobbery would come through.

Being and audio/videophile is about a lover for the hobby and a chase to constantly improve ones system from setup and maintanence to new equipment. I have been an audioiphile since I was a teen spending much of my then entry level wages on the best equipment I could afford at the time.

You are in a situation that may allow you to invest in or go into more debt over with higher priced ( not always better though ) equipment. There is not a person here ( I dare say ) who would not be happy for you, but to come here and slag equipment that you are probably not so aware of is not fair nor noble in attitude.

In ending, the Outlaws have successfully brought in a good mix of quality vs price and on products that would make the 95 percentile happy.