I bought one several months ago (before I got my 950) and had some success with my Pioneer vsxd810 as a pre/pro. It was able to control most of everything on it, but had to learn many functions. I did get the original remote out for things like channel calibration and such. Between learning and preprogrammed codes it pretty much controlled the most used functions of all my gear: sat box, DVD, VCR, CD changer (old Onkyo that never responded to anything but the original remote). There was a learning curve due to having to assign some functions to strange buttons (surround mode=TV/VCR ???). The curve got steeper when the family wanted to operate things, but they got used to it.

I found that while it was cool looking, and feeling, it's shape lends itself to slipping in between cushions and getting lost easliy. And yes, it chews batteries. I went through two sets in two months, although the three kids did have something to do with that-"it lights up when you touch it.....coooool!". I also kept it upside down during serious lights-out movie watching as the sub would set it off sometimes and cast a blue glow in the dark room.

I still have it and will probably use it in the secondary system downstairs when that comes together.