Well I agree with a couple of Raiders quirks. The remote is a little awkward and the display is kind of small. But I also find that the 950 takes a long time to lock onto a format. When I change channels on my Direct TV it takes a few seconds to acquire the correct surround format. The same occurs on DVD's when it changes from menus to intros to the actual movie. Also I am on my third unit since I placed my original order back in June. The first unit had the fading display, and the second unit just plain crapped out (static on all channels in all formats).

With all that said, let me clarify one point. I still LOVE my 950! True, it represents the best bargain in separates. True, it sounds great. But the intangible here is the customer service. I would not have put up with all the problems if it wasn't for the more than positive attitude of Scott and everyone else. Each time I contacted them about issues they sent another unit, no questions asked. There were never any excuses, or procrastinations. Great people with a solid product. What else can you ask for?