The level of quirkiness depends somewhat on the user. I had three or four macros that provided my wife with straightforward on/off for TV watching and let me get around covering the front of the remote to listen to DVD-A's, which took care of me. I also labeled some of the remote's "surround mode" buttons with transport controls for the DVD player, which got around the problem of buttons that provided navigation and transport control. Over the summer I picked up a Home Theater Master MX-500 remote, which resolved even the most trifling quirks I had with the 950's remote.

My system is set up less than ten feet from the seating, and the display is quite readable for me, but as Raider indicates this is not true of everyone.

The bass management can often confuse people. Whether or not it's a quirk depends on the user -- most people elect to flip the bass management switch to "on" for the 5.1 analog input and then set the triple crossovers to what works best for them, with no further concerns.

The surround and surround back speakers share a single distance setting. If you are hyper-sensitive to delay settings, this could be a problem quirk, but aside from a vocal outcry about this during the beta test there's been only intermittent reports of this giving people real trouble.

That's about all I can think of at the moment.

------------------
gonk -- Saloon Links | Pre/Pro Comparison Chart | 950 Review