Quote:
Originally posted by edav:
I upgraded the audio in my small home theatre this year. I went with the Outlaw Audio Model 950/7100 combo and the M&K 750 MKII THX Select Speaker System. I bought my speakers over the Internet from Downtown Audio for under $2000 and they are great.

Those are only two reviews, edav, there are numerous reviews including Stereophile Home Theater where the author did not expect to blown away by the musicality of the 750 system as well as it's dynamics with movies.
This flys in the face of some critics who sometimes forget it is only reproducing what it is given. Give it smooth, it will put out smooth!
Based on an individual's choice, it may not be the speakers of your choice, but I think one would be amiss in not audtioning them in the course of making selections. Was listening to the DVD-A of the Beach Boys Pet Sounds album with the studio talk on track 17 that blends into the final cut of "God Only Knows", you can be virtually transported as you lay back in your easy chair!

Speaker audtioning in the right place can be an extraordinary experience regardless of what you take home with you!
And take what you like! All this talk about movie sound vs. 2 ch, vs. music, etc. if fine and dandy, and you should listen to all sources before deciding. But I will say I have heard some great music on some soundtracks.

[This message has been edited by DaleB (edited November 15, 2003).]