Perhaps Vader is right. Why should I sacrifice quality for a little thing like a budget. If I'm going to do this HT thing right, then I should concede to the fact that I'm going to have to pay for it... and pay for it BIG! It's obvious to me now that cost has a direct affect on quality. Surely I was wrong in assuming that spending $3000 for the whole system was even remotely feasible, when in reality $3000 per speaker simply makes more sense to me now. However, I shall view my time and effort spent researching and looking for what I had originally thought would be a nice, clean, natural sounding set of "reasonably" priced speakers as a learning experience. I shall discount what I once thought was exceptional advice from the years of real world experience here at the Outlaw Forum and heed the advice of Mr. Vader. I shall finally then, concede to the fact that I must simply add a few more zeros into the checkbook.

On second thought... scratch all that! I'm a t-shirt and jeans kinda guy. I really could care less if I "get" to tell people that I spent $3000 dollars on two speakers. As a matter of fact, most of my friends would kick my butt if I made a move like that (thank God for good friends)! Also, it doesn't matter to me if I "get" to tell people that I have components by B&W, M&K, or BFD... as long as after everything is said and done, I end up with a good quality, clean sounding home theater setup. And having a few less zeros in the checkbook doesn't hurt either!

Mike