Brian I agree with you. My entire system is NHT, driven by a 950/770 setup. I absolutely love the setup for both music and HT. I believe the NHT's have great sound and they always seem to get good reviews but I don't think I could reccomend them to someone if they can't listen to them first. My series of speakers have been out of production for a couple of years so a test drive is out of the question unless you live near a dealer that has some older stock. (I live by Crutchfield which has a local retail and outlet store) I have listened to the SB series and they sounded very good so they would be an option. I have never listened to the NHT in-celing speakers so no reccomendation there but I do have Niles in-ceiling speakers that I installed previously and I do like how they sound. My general feeling on most in-ceiling speakers is they may be fine for HT but won't compare to a good bookshelf for multi channel music. My advice to Arizona Mike is to go to those "toy stores" and listen to quality speakers on quality equipment and buy what you like. Demo the speakers using quality components in the store will give a good indication of what to expect when hooked up to the 950. If you like how a set sounds with a receiver chances are you'll love it with the 950/7100.