First off let me start by saying that not only am I new to this forum, I am also completely green to the home theater game. On that note, thanks for bearing with me, and thanks in advance for all your help! [enough with the disclaimer]

After many hours of online research and many trips to the local toy stores (aka Home Audio stores) I had gotten to the point of total confusion. Every sales person I dealt with seemed to give me information that counterdicted the last and confused me even more. By chance I came across the Outlaw website and made a call to the pre-sales staff. I spoke with Scott who not only took the time to clarify some key elements for me, he actually went so far as to recommend some "brand x" receivers that might have been a cheaper route for me. Needless to say after our conversation, I was almost immedeately sold on the Outlaw 950/7100 combo.

I plan to purchase the 950/7100 combo in the very near future along with a great 7 channel speaker setup to truly bring out the home theater experience. Therein lies the problem... I really have no idea as to what speakers would be ideal for my purposes. I don't even know where to start. That's where I'm hoping all you fine folks can help me out. Below I've listed sort of an idea of what I hope to achieve with the speakers as well as a layout of the room:

Speaker layout (roughly $1800 budget) - Center: stand alone unit (to be placed below the TV), Front L&R: preferably in-walls (possibly bookshelf or satellite styles if asthetically pleasing and not too overbearing), Rear L&R surrounds: definately in-ceiling, Rear Center L&R: also definately in-ceiling, Sub: dunno?

Room layout - 18'6"x16'4"x9' greatroom design (Front TV wall butts up to the bedroom and has no internal batting, Rear seating wall has two large dual pane windows, 3rd wall has one large dual pane window and dual pane sliding glass door, no 4th wall due to greatroom design)

Please let me know if there is anything that I left out that would help... and thanks again all!

PS. Considering I won't be able to recreate the 950/7100 combo in order to listen to any speakers at my local stores, I'm relying heavily on your guys opinions and recommendations. Thanks again!

[This message has been edited by Arizona Mike (edited October 24, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Arizona Mike (edited October 24, 2003).]