Hi Jeff,

The Outlaw business plan avoids having to have demonstrator models in stores across the country (like many of their competitors do) and to instead, encourage hesitant potential customers to try a model in their own home at the Outlaw's risk. If the potential buyer doesn't like the model, the buyer can return it to Outlaw, no questions asked, during the home trial period. This business plan may weed out most frivilous returns because buyers who return a model are charged for shipping the model back. Also, hooking a pre/pro or a 7 channel amp in your home usually is not trivial. I'd imagine most who try an Outlaw product, are serious about it, because they are doing considerable work just to integrate it into their home theater setup.

The Outlaw business plan, of no demonstrators in brick stores but to encourage people who are hesitant to buy, by a no-questions-asked return policy, is less costly I bet, despite a few frivilous returns. In general, prospective buyers who want to listen before buying can do so, in someone else's home, by just asking online if there's anybody in their city willing to demonstrate their Outlaw -- chances are, somebody with an Outlaw model in their home will invite the prospective buyer into their home, for a listen!

The bottom line of the Outlaw business plan is it allows Outlaw to charge less than anybody else for a new pre/pro with DPL II.

Outlaw is probably selling 950's like hotcakes and probably is doing pretty well financially thanks in part, to their no questions asked return policy, despite the risk of some frivilous returns. No business plan is risk free, afterall!

I agree with you that people should not get an Outlaw if there's a large chance of returning it. But I think most people who buy are serious, since they'll pay the return shipment, and because having to connect and then disconnect the heart of a home theater can be a pain.

Best,

Will

[This message has been edited by Will (edited October 20, 2003).]