Alejate,

a simple way to settle this argument is to get 2 pairs of same speaker cable and use one pair for a while. Then switch it with the unused pair and see if there are any differences. I have not had the urge to do this because I am content with the cables I have now and if they only get better as time passes (theoretically), I’ll just take that as a bonus.

I do not have the full understanding of speaker cable aging process but even if I do, I’m not sure what I’ll do with it unless I am an audio cable designer working for some John Doe company. However, what I do care to know is which cable will optimize the performance of my audio system and which will be a waste of money. If I am a Ferrari owner, I would make sure the tires on it is compatible which will give the tractions needed to accelerate and turn fast as the car is designed to. On the other hand, if I own a Honda Civic (good car for the price) I wouldn’t spend $2K plus on tires and expect it to run like Ferrari. Optimization is the key here.

By the way, I did hear such terms as copper “oxidation” and “skin-effect”. I’m not sure if those terms are related to your argument.