Nostalgia,
Two Towers is a good DVD to test your sub. Just curious, what kind of IC cable are you using for your Shiva? In the past, I was told about lower frequency signals being less susceptible to EMI so I didn’t worry much about using my budget priced ($12) A.R. subwoofer cable and my Shiva sounded fine. At least that’s what I thought until I stumbled into higher grade subwoofer cables. Recently, out of a curiosity, I looked up some consumer reviews on IC cables and was drawn to a subwoofer cable by Analysis Plus. People say it really makes the difference so I decided to give it a try with a plan to return it if the improvement wasn’t big enough to justify the price tag ($79 for 9 foot cable from Audio Advisor).
If you haven’t, I’ll say Analysis Plus sub cable is definitely worth a consideration. If I own a $99 subwoofer, I doubt that a cable like this would make that much of a difference but for a fine driver like Shiva, higher quality cable will make it even better. Right out of the box, it made the bass smoother and more defined. They say it gets better once broken in. I can’t wait! In Two Towers, when that dragon flies over the marsh land, the whole floor of my apartment was shaking each time it flaps the wings and the sound was so clean! Good news for the tenant below me, I’m moving out in a month. I’m keeping my Analysis Plus cable.

[This message has been edited by Spiker (edited September 23, 2003).]