[QUOTE]Originally posted by BroonsBane:

Each minute waiting is like an hour, the time just can't go by fast enough. I feel your pain!

I'm not a big believer in spending a lot of $$$$$$ on cables. I use Interlink stuff for my interconnects, Monster 12g speaker cable with banana plugs,a Monster sub cable and some cheap Monster interconnects that i use for my ICBM that i bought from the Futureshop. I have Audioquest component vid stuff for my universal player and my xbox.

I cannot hear the difference between a $50 cable and a $300 cable and besides, i'd rather spend money on hardware!

I have no idea how to do DIY cable but have thougt off and on to try and make myself one and see how it goes. What website are you refering to that you checked out?

When do you expect to get your amp?

You will love Rush in Rio!!!

BTW...
check out this website if you haven't already...lots of good stuff!!
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/

I have a co-worker who's huge into DIY. And I have a fair amount of training in soldering, electrical properties etc etc. so I have no problem with making my own. The big thing appears to be which cable and connectors to use. It actually is pretty cheap to make your own using a belden 89259 cable ($2.25 ft) and some connectors ($9 pr). From what I understand, these would be much better than any store bought non-audiophile cable and still only cost <$20 each to make. The website I'm looking at was recommended by the previous owner of the 950, www.truenorthaudio.com, he seemed to like dealing with them. It's funny you mention canuckaudiomart, thats where I found the 950. He had advertised there and audiogon, and got swamped with responses.

Hopefully, assuming I didn't get taken ( ) on the amp, it should arrive next week. until then I get to plan and plot for my new layout. I might take a stab at making the cables this weekend too. Listen for a biiig bang!

Bytor