Quote:
Originally posted by BroonsBane:
Moving on to Rush...
They are touring sometime this year for their 30th Anniversary but no details have been released yet. Check out www.rush.com.

Do you have a copy of the Rush in Rio DVD??
It just came out in October. It is recorded in DD which was a bit of a disappointment for me as i prefer DTS but it still sounds great and in front of 60,000 maniacal Brazillian Rush fans the show has tonnes of energy and they play for almost 3 hours. Plus there is the supplemental Disk 2 which is great as well.

What speakers will you be running with your 950 and ?? amp?

I had no idea that DVD was out there, I might have to go and get that this weekend!

As to the speakers, all are Paradigm, fronts are 70P, centre is a CC-350, surrounds are Titans. A 200W amp is actually more than I need, but I would hate to get larger or less efficient speakers and not be able to power them, also, I want to make sure that I have enough power now anyway. I have just made an offer on an Anthem MCA-5 II, which will come in at considerably less than the 755 (after taxes, shipping, duty etc.), if all goes well, I might have a deal on it by tonight, then it's just a matter of getting the darn thing up here....here we go again!!.wanna make a run for me? I'll buy you a cottage or something to make up for it...lol.

It's interesting to note that I started out on this by looking at the NAD's, very nice stuff. I also agree with you that it would be fine for me to pick up a second 2-channel amp for the rear surrounds if I ever want to go true 7-channel. I currently have a borrowed 2-channel Rotel hooked up just to make sure the Outlaw is working properly, which it is.. . I cant wait to hear how the real system sounds when it's all hooked up.