Quote:
Originally posted by Bytor:
Are you of the opinion that unless you get an Anthem Pre, you wont go with the Anthem amp? This is one of the things I have to decide, and honestly, it wouldn't bother me to have the 2 different brands working together, have you heard differently?
When is Rush supposed to be touring? Actually, I would LOVE IT if they came out with a new concert video, that would be an AMAZING DVD!!

I don't mind going with different components from different companies. At the time when we were thinking serioulsy about that combination it just made sense (as we thought we would have the cash).

If i go with the plan to use my T763 as a pre (it tends to be warmer sounding) and the 755 which from what i've read here and other places on the net sounds a little more brash then i think that would be a worthy combination. I'd like, in some ways at least, to go with the 770 but since i have the NAD 2200 power amp kicking around i might as well save myself a few bucks and use it for the back surrounds when the time comes. If i do get the 755 and use the 2200 for the other 2 channels, i have a Carver stereo amp in the house that i currently am not using and i could use that for my 2 channel vinyl listening.

Moving on to Rush...
They are touring sometime this year for their 30th Anniversary but no details have been released yet. Check out www.rush.com.

Do you have a copy of the Rush in Rio DVD??
It just came out in October. It is recorded in DD which was a bit of a disappointment for me as i prefer DTS but it still sounds great and in front of 60,000 maniacal Brazillian Rush fans the show has tonnes of energy and they play for almost 3 hours. Plus there is the supplemental Disk 2 which is great as well.

What speakers will you be running with your 950 and ?? amp?