Quote:
Originally posted by BroonsBane:
Well, last fall my wife and I had the plan to go with the Anthem pva-7 and avm20. What a beautiful package, especially the pre/pro. I've abondoned the Anthem amp idea. No avm20 means no pva-7. I'd really prefer at this point, considering the above, to go with the 755, sell the NAD receiver and upgrade to an as yet undecided 7.1 pre/pro and then use the NAD 2200 to power my back surrounds. Man i need a lottery win!!
BTW, I don't know if you've heard or not but Rush will be touring this year, the details have not yet been released.
I don't think you'd regret going 7 channel...face it, if you don't do it now, you will do it later, so might as well get it over with! LOL[/B]

A guy I work with here has the AVM-20, he loves it, but I have seen reviews which favourably compare the 950 to the AVM-20, especially considering the difference in price!. Are you of the opinion that unless you get an Anthem Pre, you wont go with the Anthem amp? This is one of the things I have to decide, and honestly, it wouldn't bother me to have the 2 different brands working together, have you heard differently?

I think I would like to go 7-channel ragrdless, I agree with you, if I dont do it now, I'll do it later, so why not plan for it. Of course the big factor is price, but with the $US valued lower against the $CDN, now is a good time to buy, I just wish I had some cash!! Now off to scan the classifieds for a 7-channel amp I can afford.

When is Rush supposed to be touring? Actually, I would LOVE IT if they came out with a new concert video, that would be an AMAZING DVD!!