Quote:
Originally posted by Bytor:
[ I'm looking at one of 4 amps right now, the 7100, 770 or the Anthem MCA-5 or PVA-7. The first thing I have to do is decide whether or not to go 7-channel, from there I have to decide on power.
Bytor[/B]

Well, last fall my wife and I had the plan to go with the Anthem pva-7 and avm20. What a beautiful package, especially the pre/pro. Unfortunately, we came up a little short in funds of what we originally thought we would have so instead we purchased the NAD T763 receiver. It's a 6.1 receiver. It's great and I love it but the plan now is to go with the 755 when $$ permits and use the T763 as our preamp. I use a NAD Monitor Series 1700 stereo preamp with a NAD 2200pe stereo amp mainly for listening to vinyl. We spent a whole wack of cash last year (the receiver,universal player, new tv, upgraded the speakers etc)so i'm not exactly sure when i'll be going for the 755. Hopefully within the next 6 months. I've abondoned the Anthem amp idea. No avm20 means no pva-7. I'd really prefer at this point, considering the above, to go with the 755, sell the NAD receiver and upgrade to an as yet undecided 7.1 pre/pro and then use the NAD 2200 to power my back surrounds. Man i need a lottery win!!
BTW, I don't know if you've heard or not but Rush will be touring this year, the details have not yet been released.
I don't think you'd regret going 7 channel...face it, if you don't do it now, you will do it later, so might as well get it over with! LOL