Bytor, it's not that bad... I just had a 950/770 plus cables shipped. You are going to be dinged for GST plus PST applicable to your province. Yes, that's going to be quite a few dollars, obviously. There is NO legal way to avoid these sales taxes! Just think about it: you pay that here on anything and everything you buy.

Apart from sales taxes, there potentially is an extra import duty. You do *not* pay duty on the 770 or 7100, as they're made in the US (as per NAFTA).
I did not pay any duties on the 950. I know that electronics in general from Japan have a duty of 6%, I'm not sure if Taiwan does not have duties, or if the broker & customs couldn't be bothered to asses it.

Outlaw ships the 950 separately from the 770 as they come from different warehouses (so I was told), so you *will* be dinged by UPS twice for brokerage fees, each of ~ C$60. So if you also order cables, make sure they're put into the same package or sent at the same time.

Make absolutely sure with Outlaw that they put correct shipping invoices on the packages that *only* list the package's contents, not your whole order. They did not do this for me, and it's causing no end of hassles -- you'll have to pay for things twice, and claim it back from customs. Also make sure they state the country of origin for each item.

Also, if Outlaw sends you a warrenty item (e.g., they send you the wrong thing and then send you the right thing, or a 'real' warrenty shipment) then make sure that the shipping invoice states the real value (i.e., $1,600) and *also* prominently states something in the vein of "Warrenty Return - NO CHARGE TO THE CUSTOMER" so that you will not be assessed sales taxes. Someone will still have to pay UPS brokerage charges.

Basically, you need to determine if the extra ~C$120 in brokerage costs still makes the Outlaw equipment competitive. I figured it does - easily.

On last note: UPS will use any other broker that you specify. If you work for a larger company they might have an in-house broker that'll do it for significantly less money. Ask your shipping person!

Regards, Nicholas