Unfortunately Outlaw insists on using UPS for shipments to Canada. As my note above mentions, and tvd51 confirms, UPS' brokerage fees are way too high. He was charged $64 Cdn. The first tip on my tip sheet, which I have just confirmed with Canada Post, is that Canada Post only charges a flat $5 Cdn fee for brokerage on all parcels coming in via USPS - regardless of value. UPS uses a sliding scale. Imagine what the brokerage charges would have been if tvd51's order had included more gear!

Since I know that the Outlaws scan these threads, if they are reading this one here's big suggestion: see if there is any way that you can use USPS for Canada-bound shipments. The net cost to us buyers is way too high because of UPS - and is a buying deterent. I would personally gladly accept a few extras days of delivery time - if that's what would be involved in using USPS instead. I will specifically hold off buying an LFM-1 until the next time I will be travelling to the US and can have it delivered to me there - specifically to save the brokerage fees (and perhaps some duties and taxes - as my tip sheet points out). But since I've got no trips booked, that could be a while. I'd order one today if it could be shipped via USPS.

Just a suggestion.

Jeff Mackwood