So I'm on my third 950 now, and I'm still trying to believe, want to believe. Maybe you guys can tell me if I'm loosing my mind. So I have the 950's V1 input (sat) set to optical 1 with a DTS neo6 default, which sounds great. Some HBO programs are broadcast in DD, which is also great, but here's the twist. When the 950 detects a DD signal on satellite the display indicates Dolby D with 2/0 underneath (indicating stereo I believe). I will then get a true stereo signal from the L/R mains.

When I then use the menu, or the Dolby button on the bottom of the remote, to select DPLII I get the 3/2.1 indicator underneath DPLII indicating a DD signal (I believe) and I get what sounds like DD with sound from all channels.

All connections are correct and I have DD enabled in the satellite receiver settings.

I really enjoy the sound and features of this unit, but I am baffeled by the quirky behavior here (I still can't get colume punch through to work on the remote). Any help would be greatly appreciated.....particularly if I'm just misunderstanding something or screwing something up. Thanks.