Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
Don't believe me? Try to visit a mixing stage sometime and hear for yourself. Talk to the people who actually mix the films.

I believe you!

I was not really arguing that point. I, for one, spend a great deal of time and effort trying to improve the acoustic characteristics of my listening environment (my wife permitting, not always easy to put acoustic foams on the living room walls or pull the speakers 6 feet from the walls. )

I am also in the same school of thoughts as you, as far as various processing modes are concerned; I like listening stereo music in stereo. I like DD5.1 in 5.1, etc. Actually, I have yet to set up the rear 2 speakers to do 7.1 (although my system is capable). Why? 1) well, it is a lot of work to set it up, running wires, etc, 2) I have an uphill, no, un-winnable battle with the wife, and 3) I'm not sure if it's worth it. Like you say, it's got to stop somewhere. I mean, I am running out of room to put all the suff. It's not like I live in a mansion.

I like 5.1 just fine. That's for me.

I guess we are all in violent agreement, as they say on this point . What really got me was your seemingly condescending manner.

If that was not your intention, my humble apologies.

Regards,

[This message has been edited by BleakShore (edited October 23, 2003).]