Quote:
Originally posted by soundhound:
I didn't say I was unable to explain it - I said that you ware unable to comprehend it. If you haven't figured it out by now, I would move on to another subject.

I see both of your view points. But saying something like "you ware unable to comprehend" sounds, to me, a bit condescending.

Why not explain one more time to sanjay and be done with it? It couldn't take more of your time (you've already spent a bit of time and effort by saying "you wouldn't get it" repeatedly?)

If you do that, as sanjay said, he will decide if either he gets it or not. I don't see how you can be so certain he would not get it. Are you that much smarter than he?

I, for one, agree with sanjay. Let Holywood do what they do best. stereo, quadraphonic, 5.1, 6.1, 7.1, etc., offers options and choices. You don't have to go with any of it. Heck, there are plenty of folks "stereo" is too much. My father being one. He argues that when one listens to music, you should be looking for the nuances of the music, not the sound.

I don't agree with his position, as I think good sound and stage "adds" to the correct interpretation of the nuances the artists are trying to deliver.

But my point is - to each his own. If you don't like it, well, don't get it. Can't be so hard now, could it? Be happy. Why are you bothered so much with 7.1, etc. Are you trying to make us think, look and feel exactly the way you do?

Regards,