Quote:
I am no audiophile, but I suspect that whatever RCA connectors companies send along with their products (amps, receivers, cd players, etc.) could be sufficient for most people as the manufacturers would not want their product’s quality impacted by something as simple as the connectors.
The audio and video cables you will find included with a typical DVD player or VCR are basically throwaway cables. They are sufficient to create a connection, but they aren't actually very good. Compare them to what you get from Blue Jeans Cable (since they are already on your list, and since I've used them quite a bit myself), and you will find that the included cables lack any shielding (which makes them highly susceptible to interference and noise if they are close to power cords), the connectors are typically flimsy (which can allow them to develop a loose connection and interfere with signal transmission), the wires are of a very small gauge, and manufacturing is of low quality. Manufacturers include them for convenience, but the only such cables I've actually used in at least a decade are the power cords and the HDMI cables that OPPO includes with their players (which are the same as the widely-used HDMI cables sold by MonoPrice).