I'm looking for a little advice on speaker wire and connectors. As to the connectors (specifically between my RR2150, my Marantz CD player and an EQ), it appears there is division between those who believe that there are significant gains to be had by purchasing higher-quality RCA connectors versus those who don’t. I am no audiophile, but I suspect that whatever RCA connectors companies send along with their products (amps, receivers, cd players, etc.) could be sufficient for most people as the manufacturers would not want their product’s quality impacted by something as simple as the connectors. But I don’t know. If anyone a thought on the matter I would appreciate hearing
it.

Also, with speaker wire,are there significant gains via certain speaker wires, rather than just the thickness? I am going to use either 12 or 14 gauge wire to connect my RR2150 to my Studio 100’s. Does brand/specs matter much beyond the gauge? I don’t want to spend a ton of money on speaker cable or RCA connectors, but could see dropping $30-$70 total (I’ll need just 25 feet of speaker cable and about 4 feet for the RCA connectors) if it would make a difference to someone who will not necessarily be spending much time straining his ears to note very subtle variances in sound. If I do spend some money, I have heard good things about Blue Jeans cable. Any others to look into?

Regards,

Dennis