Thank you for your input Liz...

During my early childhood, my father had IMF transmission line speakers powered by Audio Research tube preamp and amp. Forever tainted to hi-fidelity. That was the last tube system I heard.

So as I listen to my speakers and my recently acquired (Nov) Outlaw separates, there is a little voice in the back of my head saying tubes, even though its been 25 years or so since I've heard em. My intuition could be totally wrong, but this is what the experiment with the tube processor is for.

I really enjoy the sonic qualities of the 990,especially for HT. However, in stereo there's just that small thing that seems to be lacking which would take the listening experience "to the next level." It seems like there is not quite enough emotion to the music, if that makes sense.

So before I venture into a new CDP realm, I figured I'd get all my cables caught up. Essentially tweak what I have now. I've looked for used Signal Cables on Audiogon, but no luck.

I will be ordering cables later today, so if anyone is interested I will keep my cable process up-to-date. So in the future others who follow into the realm of "budget/bang for the buck" cable upgrading will of some subjective resource. I am also curious to know if any outlaws are using outlaw solid state with tube gear.

AK
Outlaw 990/7125/ATI 150; Mirage OM-5 Mains,OM-C2Cntr,OM-7 Sides,OM-9 rears; Boston Acoustics P1000 Sub; Sony NC555ES CDP; Panasonic 52" plasma, Sony 34" XBR CRT; Grant Fidelity B-283 Tube Buffer; Belkin Pure AV P60