outlaws;
re; speaker and other interconnects. i do high-end residential construction and many years ago was installing built in audio in a home. the electrician ran solid core current cable to the speakers; some runs were up to 50 feet. being a bit of an audiophile i questioned this, but since he had a degree in electrical engineering, i let him proceed. curious, i asked a friend, who was literally a rocket scientist with degrees in engineering and atomic physics. he said solid cable would actually be superior to any braided cable for audio signals, because resistance and signal distortion occur primarily at the surface of the conductor. many individual conductors equals greater resistance and signal distortion. the drawback to solid cable vs. stranded is of course that solid cable isn't very malleable, and so manufacturers have tried to improve conductance characteristics by offering fat (fat$$) cables to audiophiles. the hydraulic analogy applies, and common sense. what is going to more efficiently conduct water; a single 1" hose or or a bundle of 1/64" hose? (think friction and turbulence). to further quell doubts about this, just take a look at the conductors inside your very pricey gear.... in sum, anything larger than ten gauge is a waste of copper, air to your ego, and an insult to intelligence. same for wires with gold and silver tips. true outlwas have a name for this out on the range; BULL%&IT.