Well I must Thank tmdlp for his referral to the audioholics.com web site. I went there and I have read several of the articles. I found them to be very professional, well written and most importantly very believable! I started my professional career as a research scientist for IBM many years ago. I have written and published many scientific papers so I can really appreciate the professionalism that they put into their articles. I have always been some what of a rebel and on occasion have broken a few laws, however not I nor anyone else (to my knowledge) has ever broken the laws of physics! You see to me this all comes down to the science. If the science isn't there then all the hype these vendors are spewing is nothing more than marketing BS!

After reading these articles and the previous in store demos I have come to the conclusion that all those high dollar speaker wires are just a scam! I am going to stick with the cables I already have as I am quite satisfied the sound right now.

In fact I think what I am going to do with the $1000 I would have spent on cables is possibly look at a different center speaker. I read the article about center speakers, Vertical vs Horizontal Center Speaker Designs , and it has made me reconsider the center channel that I am using. Even prior to reading the article I had noticed some off axis performance degradation. Oh well there is always some thing more to tweak now isn't there!

Again, Thanks everyone for your comments.

Regrds,
Mark D. Rodriguez
Emotiva XMC-1, Outlaw 7500, Sonus Faber Olympica III Fronts, SF Liuto Center, SF Surrounds, LFM-1 EX, Oppo BDP-103D, Apple TV (Gen. 4), Mitsubishi 65" Diamond DLP, Outlaw Cables, PS Audio Power Quintet, Duet and power cords.