mdrconsult,
Speaker cables and interconnects can open a big can of worms as far as opinion. Some are money driven opinions (manufactures), some are ego driven opinions (us end users - got to have the best), and some of us (other manufactures and end users) are happy w/ good sound from quality made products.

My Thoughts:
-I break cables in when i get them connected into my system. .... a bend here .... rout them here.....
-I bought a pair of silver inter connects for my mains. It was a treat for me. It change the sound every so slightly. Would my friend hear the differnce on his theater in a box? no.
-Comparing physical properties - resistance, for example - is a good place to start.
-For me, i like bi-wire for my current setup (mains only).
-There are manufactures that create vocabulary - some technical sounding - to sell their product.
-Ask recording engineers about there interconnects and cables. They want to create the best recording possible. What do they use? It is not these exotic cables.
-go to audioholics.com , specifically the AV university and find cable interconnect section for more reading. There are some good articles debunking some of the myths.
- Blue Jeans cables and Signal Cables are just a couple of places on the web selling quality stuff at a reasonable prices.
-In the end, it is what you will feel satisfied with - sound wise, pocket book wise and your ego.

Later,