openhelix,

Thanks for sharing all your various cables. I enjoyed making my own rca cables though I certainly never advanced to do fiber. I have the Outlaw balanced cables between my 990 and ATI amp and I considered making my own balanced cables but never got around to it. I considered the Canare rca connectors but I couldn't find a good enough deal on the tool and dies to make it worth it. The Steren tool and connectors meet my needs at a lower price, but those Canares look sharp!

I just bought an OPPO 980H and I may need to redo some of analog rca cables used for DVD-A and SACD. Video will now be via HDMI (Monoprice) versus component to a new Pioneer 50" plasma (arrives Wednesday!)

Many folks like Outlaw cables (me included) and many others use Bluejean cables but I've never purchased anything from them. I was more interested in getting custom lengths and reducing the tangle behind my component cabinet.