Well for the center I used 8 pieces of 5' long 20ga solid fine silver wire. These pieces are wrapped in 20ga (ID) ptfe spaghetti tubing. Audioquest crimp on solid silver bananas on the tips.

I will be running (still no time, stupid new car!) four pieces to the positive and negative high input, respectively. seeing as my center channel has builtin subwoofers, i have the woofers fed using an ic from my center channel output. 20x4=14awg for the highs.

the front speakers will be getting 8 (4 pos, 4 neg) 17ga for the low input and 8 (same config) 20 ga for the high input. 17x4=11awg lows, 20x4=14awg highs, which yields a total awg of 9 for each positive and negative side.

so, as you can see my mains will be bi-wired through the speaker cables, and the center is bi-wired from speaker cable/ic.

the fine silver wire was purchased from Hoover&Strong.
ptfe spaghetti tubing from McMaster-Carr.
audioquest silver bananas from the cheapest place i found (forget where).

(ill put up some prices once i find the paperwork)

you will also need a crimper and a lot of patience.

my center speaker cables are spaced apart using 1/4in tile solutions tile spacers (rubber x shaped piece in which i drilled a hole in each leg to space the wires apart). looks kind of funny i admit, but i suppose it beats them flopping about freely. i dont know that this idea will work on the mains seeing as on the one end there will be 8 wires and the other end will have 2 sets of 4.

this assembly could obviously modified, but i went for the highest quality setup without any decorative frills. i.e. stretch mesh tubing over the entire setup would have looked nice, but why waste the money on that... there are other things to dress up the wires, that i neglected to use as well.

i will have to say that threading the wire through the tubing is insanely tedious (20ga is all I have done so far at 5' length). there are also bad parts in the tubing in places, which required cutting and restarting. you can buy wire that is preinsulated, but it is way more expensive... also, the finished lengths will be slightly shorter than the cut lengths if you space the wires...

the reason that i chose 20ga for the highs is that "skin effect" does not exist in wires of this gauge or higher (according to audioquest) and only influences high range sound.

i am not sure how using two different gauges for the two different frequencies on the mains will pan out.

hopefully i can post some pictures soon and find the prices, etc. oh yeah and complete the other two sets...