sh, i guarantee you that active crossover network is not the greatest thing since the wheel. you can get equal performance from a good passive network inside your speakers, plus THE CROSSOVER IN YOUR SPEAKERS IS OPTIMIZED FOR YOUR SPEAKERS. i realize that you have more control for active crossover, but the goal is accurate reproduction of a source, if you fiddle with all kinds of crap you are defeating the goal and altering the sound (ideally it is unaltered). you have to know A LOT about your speakers before doing an active setup. i have personally used an active crossover setup in the past and compared it with my much simpler setup utilizing passive crossovers (using the same speakers, one set with crossovers taken out). the results were inconclusive, so having found no real advantage i scrapped the active and its headaches. everything in the two setups was the same except for active or passive crossover (well and amount of cables, which was neglible). just because something works for you doesnt mean it is the BEST THING EVER. you cant make broad sweeping statements about how active crossovers will make your system excellent and passive are crap.