i am using silver because i wanted to, no defense needed. having said that, my reasons why are less resistance (at its worst it is better than copper at its best, and low quality copper is significantly less), if it oxidizes it is still very conductive, i can have only one metal the entire path to the speaker, so i can compare my cables at a low price range to cables that cost like 10k, to try something different, and because its not like it is costing me more than i would have spent on some manufactured mid-range copper cables. my price range was set, so i'd be crazy not to get silver.
once my manufacturers warranty runs out, i will look at tinkering with my speaker's wiring, component's etc. because yes i do realize that the wiring inside is what it is.
i was going to do a cat5 cable, but 50hrs of braiding wasnt appealing.
i am not bashing copper, but if im gonna spend the time to make a diy project i am gonna do it so that i am proud of the product and it is unique. i am not looking to replicate, i am trying to experiment and see if there really is any validity to different metals, etc.
someone once said that the earth was flat and everyone believed that until someone found out that it wasnt; now we all believe that its round.
my interest in audio poses questions that i seek answers to, so when i have a chance to answer them, id be silly not to.