It will take a little converting on my part for you American Outlaws, but I just called my local Canadian Home Despot and they are selling that 12 gauge that I mentionned for $1.46 Cdn/m which is ~$0.33 US/ft.

I recently purchased a bunch of gold plated Acoustic Research "pin" style speaker connectors for $9.99 Cdn ($07.30 US) for a pack of four connectors from Jest Buy. Bananas were about the same price. The AR pin connectors are a perfect size for the 12 gauge wire - and worked beautifully with all of my speakers (which are not banana-friendly) and those amps of mine (that are not as well). So for comparison, two sets of 8' cables would cost $19.88 US - taxes not included. (Fellow Canucks know the significance of that!)

I also checked and found out that Despot sells 150m rolls for $199 Cdn - which works out to just under $0.30 US/ft. Not a big savings.

They may not look the same as your fancy Dan brands of bootique cables, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that you won't hear a difference between the two.

Jeff Mackwood