i am torn between the philosophy of "engineered" wire and normal rope style wire. another thorn in my side is knowing that i can get monster cable for a huge discount. i have some 12gauge ofc original monster right now, and i am not dissatified with it, but i recently upgraded and noticed again that every binding post where i had the bare wire inserted was loose. plus, my amp is practically impossible to thread a low guage wire into seeing as they are so closely spaced apart. if you can squeeze it all in, then tightening is a pain. i end up having to move some of my speakers because my ht unfortunately cohabitates with our bar, so i am looking for pre-terminated (soldered) connections rather than bare wire that i must terminate. not that i am opposed to self-terminated if the cost is right, but typically buying the wire seperately and the connectors seperately and doing it yourself only saves a little money. i guess a little money on each termination would add up though.
i used to be more into wiring, but reality struck me and i thought why would i EVEN CONSIDER wiring which outcosts some of my components... most of my stuff is high end, while not being elitist, but most of all it is good and was a good price for me to get. that is what i want in wire, good and a good price. i know why there are ten-thousand speaker wire companies and that's because the profit is enormous. anyway, being an engineer i like to be able to compare different products based on specs/features and make an informed choice, with speaker wire there is hardly any comparison that relates to perceived quality.

[This message has been edited by curegeorg (edited April 29, 2004).]