Yes, I'm with Paul on this one - I do firmly believe you need a $700 power cord. I'm sure if you pay the power company enough $$$ they will string pure silver wire from Hoover dam (or wherever your power is generated) right to your house, via "audiophile" pole transformers, I'm sure it will make a great difference in your sex life.

On a more whimsical note, I would recommend that you purchase good quality interconnects and speaker wire. Better interconnects tend to have higher quality RCAs with better gold plating, along with better shielding of the wire. Copper oxygen free speaker wire I have found is more immune to corrosion, which over time can cause problems. Personally, I don't think much of RadioShack, or their products: everything I've bought there with few exceptions has been cheaply made. I would investigate the Outlaw interconnects or similar.

Myself, I make my own interconnects with Canare RCAs (when forced to, otherwise BNCs) which have good thick gold plating, and I use RG-59 cable, which is good for anything from audio line level up through digital S/PDIF connections.

[This message has been edited by soundhound (edited May 22, 2003).]