Apology accepted and right back at cha!

I thought PSC can be used any place you use a PCA (if you want to). I personally have not tried the Outlaw branded PSC yet intend too, and not just for my video, but to hear if they make any difference on an audio connection,

When I first started shopping and committing myself to ad nasium hours web research trying to pick up an inkling of what my options were. The very first topic I ran into was Interconnects snake oil or not.

Just like SH mentioning grunge when running an amp in its idle range, that just ‘felt like a right statement’ to me. So I concluded that as long as a cable was not so rickety that the terminations were ineptly applied to the wire etc, I would be fine. But I took the arguements (and debate on both sides) to my husband for his thoughts, when I was about to purchase new speaker wire. So one night (I don’t know what got into him…he thought it funny I asked) we dragged out every bit of misc. speaker wire and some Cat5 we had laying around…and low and behold with each of us tag team switching wires on 2 speakers without the other knowing which. Both picked out the same two top contenders for clarity of sound out of that hodgepodge bunch. So my husband authorized me to find some ‘decent’ middle of the road speaker wire. But then cracked countless jokes about me spending 800 on Kimber cable. (more than we spent on our last reciever which we purchased on sale).

Subsequently, when replacing interconnects mainly because A) I was short, Having never hooked up serveral options before such as 6.1 DVD-A. and B) because I had such a hodgepodge setup of interconnects all the way from the tinny wienie black wire with the red/yellow terminations we all have laying around from something up to my best at that current time - quality…monster cable. I started replacing all these.
Improvement was visible (on video interconnects when replacing Monsters) and audible on the rest.

I have swung so far into the 'does make a difference' as to assume that if I went and started purchasing several choices on the market I feel I would be hearing ‘slight’ differences ad infinum. I won’t but I was pretty shocked by the difference that was there when replacing the monster cables. Which I had assumed (out of my old collection) the Monsters would have shown the least difference due to replacement since they appear to the eye, well and sturdily constructed.
Toslink, I have not played with yet, just ordered the Outlaw which appear of good quality, and don’t really intend to run that test unless I purchase something that comes with cable included to compare. I can see why theoretically (but theory is just that) the possibility of difference could be less with this product.

Now I don’t know if its different resistances built in with cables, twist method, purity of wire, terminations and etc. But in my own stubborn way I now believe in differences for the foreseeable future. Reinforced by having had a not “Looking for it” difference arise, as when I was startled by the TV speakers sounding better…I even asked my husband if he had done anything to it, BEFORE I remembered I had replaced those interconnects. (I can’t hear the difference in every feed such as CNN reporters chatting, but particularly when watching movies via SAT using the display speakers, there IS a difference.
Now I personally would like to run each set a whole day for a test, because what I generally notice is a collective difference responsible for an occasionally now ‘that’ sounds better. Not instantaneous across the board improvement generally which I can discern such as the red push level affected by using one video connect over another.
I’d be willing to take a Double Blind on it any day. I can surprise people with my talents for discernment like when I won several bets when I was younger because I could tell you the color of the M&M I was munching. (I always won…. no one believed I could truly do it).

[This message has been edited by Smart Little Lena (edited February 03, 2003).]