Well, you know I have to say something. Can I just apologize now, and then move forward?

First, how can you hear PSCs? This is not a wise-acre crack, I'm not an Outlaw interconnect model expert, but I thought the PSC was a video or digital coax cable? The Cd was TosLink, yes?

So I'm guessing you also got an optical interconnect?

In any case, the above is just for my own clarification and has nothing to do with the following comments, really.

For PCM audio (like a CD) delivered over a digital there is a tiny theoretical possibility, if your DAC has no decent ability to time correct the data stream, that there might be some difference in signal output. For packetized data like DD or DTS, not a chance for a timbre change.

In those cases, it is just data and it either gets there or not. If your old interconnects were badly defective you could have had dropouts or data errors, but that would take a truly bad digital interconnect and would not be subtle or hard to identify.

I don't mean to belittle or in any other way disparage anyone, but I strongly suspect you're hearing what you want or expect to. Human perception is a wonderful and complex thing, and like we can see shapes in clouds, we can often perceive things that are not really there.

The bottom line, to me, is that you should enjoy your stuff, and if that's the case, hats off to you.