Quote:
Originally posted by mxy15:
I know you won't believe me and may think I am nuts, but the difference between the Cardas and Kimber was night and day.

Other than getting solid quality interconnects and nice thick speaker cables, I, myself, do not prescribe to all the fancy cable and interconnect claims.

That said, I've always wondered if some of these expensive cables are built or tailored to have a certain impedance, z(f), the transfer function, so that they introduce a coloration in the sound?

After all, our ears are all very different from each other with different response curve, both as a function of loudness and frequency. I know I have lots of holes beyond 13 kHz or so, especially after 15 kHz. As I grow older, I'm sure my high freq response is probably a bit attenuated as well compared to when I was in my teens. Which would suggest that I may prefer a bright system or cable that would compensate for my hearing loss.

Lately, I've been thinking that we are all trying to look for the system that sounds good to us - the system that matches our ears. Together, the matched system will sound good to an individual. No wonder different people like different sound.

BTW, I just got my 950/7100. Heard that DHL just delivered them. Can't wait to go home. Using AR interconnects from my local Best Buy. $13 a pair. Good solid construction. Modest Monster and RCA speaker cables, with Monster banana jacks.

Quoting quotes: "Let me explain. No, there is too much", Montoya, Princess Bride.

I love this hobby

[This message has been edited by BleakShore (edited September 18, 2003).]