..”that are any good at all are vacuum tubes
or
Hence, transistors are superior to tubes.

Now wait a minute how high?.

Cause a transistor having greater weight (I don’t know I never weighed these items,…but transistors look heavier) will fall at a higher terminal velocity given enough time. Terminal velocity = constant speed = zero acceleration. If you apply air resistance to the items since air resistance is proportional to a falling body’s weight squared. The transistor will fall longer before air resistance = weight and will have time to attain a higher (speed) terminal velocity. Course it would need to be certain gap weight difference to the tube and just a simple box shape to get to this higher terminal velocity; cause all bets are just plain off, - if you leave those wires hanging off all sides of the transistor. Subsequently giving it greater surface mass creating greater aerodynamic drag and force against it.
Why fat skydivers fall just a tad speedier. Of course they can alleviate this situation by orientation assuming arms and legs at the ‘Cingular Wireless” logo-mans position, then that skinny skydiver has to catch up with head down assuming the bullet position. (arms swept back)

So what altitude are you going to drop these transistors and tubes from guys?
I say we have Captain Kittinger take them up and really let them smoke