mixfixj,

The Reed-Solomon code post was in response to Mr. Zakman's (regarding '0' and '1's).

And yes, I am the original poster of the 'AUDIO JEWELRY' - from an interview with Floyd E. Toole (FORMERLY OF lexicon now with HARMAN INTERNATIONAL):

--------------------------------------------
http://www.sonicdesign.se//tooleinw.htm

An interview with Floyd E. Toole,
Harman International.

4. I believe that many audiophiles would get more from their equipment if they would transfer some of their interest and money for audio cables into acoustics and room adaption, but since audio cables seem to be of such big interest, maybe you could share what you think are the relevant qualities when it comes to loudspeaker cables?

Cables are very profitable products, and that is the main driving force behind them. At a time when advanced technology has reduced the number of tweaks that audio enthusiasts can play with, it is natural that these products should become topics of conversation. I call the most extreme of them "audio jewellery" , in that they do nothing for the audio system except make the owner feel better or more proud. Superbly performing audio cables can be purchased for very moderate prices. Even "bad" cables, are not bad enough to be audibly worse than the truly nasty things that some rooms or poorly designed loudspeakers can do.
--------------------------------------------