Why not buy presents for our equipment if
we want to?? We do it for our cars, and even, (in a pinch), for our spouses.

I got a good giggle from a post in here somewhere in which the poster refers to premium interconnects as "Audio Jewelry"

My opinion is that entry level premium is
enough unless you have bat hearing. Just as important, is that my opinion is completely subjective. It is based on the impression that you get quality connectors and adequate wire guage and shielding.

I recently pre-wired a new home theater room with commercial grade pre-wire that you buy at a 1000 feet at a time. I was astounded to see that they had marked signal direction every foot or so along the cable. . ..As if electrons are directional. I took a few semesters of physics in college, but I must have missed the page about directional electrons. Even the most bat like listeners would be challenged (I believe) to hear a discernable difference base on which end of the wire is connected to the amplifier.

The difference IMHO between top of the line Radio Shack and entry level Monster Stuff is the marketing budget which supports the offering.

Buying the gold plated silver strands with the kung fu grip is a lot like buying modern art. If you can see, or somehow percieve value, and you have the disposable income to buy a set of 6 foot cables for the price of a good used Buick, it is OK with Eddyboy!

This is a fun thread

Eddyboy