By grounding only one end of the cable's shield, EMI and RF noise is more efficiently routed to ground. - Jeromy

This is correct. It has nothing to do with ground loops other that possibly mitigating induced hum. If copper wire were directional then it couldn't be used in electronic equipment, especially with very low level signals. Diodes make good rectifiers not the wire connected to them. A certain cable reseller actually advertises this as an advantage. I want my music un-rectified please.
A differential input will take advantage of the twisted pair better than a single ended input but there is still some benefit. A single ended input can be designed for some degree of CMNR. Obviously balanced is better, I don't know why it's not used other than backward compatibility and cost. I think optical is the best, eliminates all those ground loops. Move the DACs from the 950 and install them in the 750/770. They're only about $15 a piece. Eliminates most of this discussion about interconnects in the process.
Video cables have a different set of requirements than audio interconnect cables.