Gotta point this out:

Quote:
Originally posted by Ajay:
The good ol' ABX test, where are the specs of the test? How was the ABX box hooked up? A test of 7 listeners is pretty much as far from conclusive as you can get. And if you read the results, 50% of the time somebody heard a difference...so while inconclusive data, it's still far from 0%.

Andrew

Sorry, but - if a deaf person guessed they would be expected to score 50% in this test. Like guessing heads or tails without looking. A significant figure HIGHER than 50% indicates a difference is heard. And just as more trial runs will bring your score closer to 50% on coin flipping, so to here.

Just so my bias is known, I think the high end cable stuff is mostly snake oil. In a low impedence high (relatively speaking) current circuit like the power amp to speaker connection, assuming sane cable lengths, I've never seen (on an instrument) or heard any difference not attributable to the power of suggestion.

The locking rca gizmos outlaw sells are nifty though I doubt there is an audible improvement.

For audio interconnects I'm on the fence - I can imagine that in this case sheilding etc. COULD do something for you, but I doubt it would amount to much.

For video I start to believe cables would be of value, but most video cables are rg59 anyway.

For digital - it's a joke, right? Nobody really thinks a better one or zero matters, do they? Please say it isn't so!

Charlie