Wouldn't it be nice when we come to the day when EVERY interconnect in our systems, except perhaps those between the pre/pro and the amp, are digital? Then, I suppose quality of interconnects wouldn't matter. (For the record, I don't believe it will matter. Bits are bits, as long as you're not dropping them. I also don't quite understand why people say that coax SP/DIF interconnects are better or will sound "warmer" than Toslink SP/DIF interconnects.)

My system, however, is going to have a fair amount of analog interconnects running through it. (I'm still waiting for the 950.) I had been planning on using a bunch of Outlaw short stacks for all this. I can believe that Outlaw cables, for analog interconnects will make a difference, especially in a quality system. If I were buying a $200 receiver and $150 speakers, then maybe the selection of interconnects wouldn't matter.

Does anybody think I won't be able to tell the difference between Outlaw cables and Radio Shack cables? Maybe I should buy a load of Radio Shack cables first, and compare them?

Another question I have: I've seen people recommend different cable types for interconnects between components and between the pre/pro and amp. To me, it seems like you'd want to use the same cable all around. Is there any reason to use something more expensive / different between the pre/pro and the amp than between the CD player and the pre/pro?

------------------
Matthew J. Hill
matt@idsi.net