Gonk,

Please do keep us posted on your ongoing experiments. I am quite interested in the outcome of your TMC tests. I found a forum somewhere on the web and everyone raved about them. They all said at first they thought they had made a huge mistake, but after they let them burn in, the improvement was dramatic.

And as for my two cents, I was using a no name S-video cable for my DVD for the longest time, and when I finally set up my home theater with my new 1050, I changed it out to a MonsterCable. I know a lot of people feel that Monster is kind of the Bose of the wire world, good marketing but the product (while not bad) isn't really all that. I thought I was imagining the richer color when I swapped the cable. I had my wife sit and watch while I swapped and she picked the Monster as having better color and definition as well.

So I guess I'm saying if you can't afford over a hundred bucks for a 1 meter cable set, Monster doesn't seem too bad.

Oh, and I wired my Boston System 9000 set with AudioQuest FLX16/2 speaker wire. While I have nothing else to compare it to, my Boston's sound great. My uncle helped me with some of the install labor and was impressed with the quality of the speaker wire. Said it was a lot better than what he was using.

Anyway, happy listening everyone!