I've got my ICBM hooked up in the conventional manner, between my universal player and my receiver. I use my receiver's bass management for everything other than SACD and DVD-A.

A friend on the Axiom forum asked about using the ICBM for all bass management with only a receiver. The manual mentions nothing about this type of hookup, but I found this in the FAQ.

In cases where a receiver provides both "preamp out" and "main amp in" jacks for ALL channels, the ICBM is inserted between those connections. Note, however, that while many current receivers feature preamp outputs, only a few models at the high end offer a full complement of amplifier input jacks. Please check to make certain that your receiver is compatible with this type of installation when you do not use an external power amplifier with a receiver. Note that when using this type of installation, the processor or receiver's bass management settings should all be configured for "large" so that a full range signal is passed though to the ICBM.

So, I'd guess it is possible. He's running an HK 635 which does have 8 channel pre outs, and 8 channel direct inputs. If he hooked up an ICBM between the two, other than the setting all speakers to large as mentioned above, what else would he have to do with receiver settings to use the ICBM for everything, like TV sound, Radio, DVDs? Would he have to enable and then select the multichannel inputs for each source? What are the positives and negatives about hooking things up this way.

He'll be monitoring this thread. Any help you can provide will be much appreciated. Thanks.