As has been pointed out many times, the sad fact is that while using the ICBM gives you more flexibility than the 950's simple 80Hz selection, to some extent the 950's "double bass" design undermines the use of the ICBM, giving you less than optimal results.

Unless the optimal crossover point for all of your speakers in 80Hz, there is no combination of 950, ICBM, or even DVD-A/SACD player settings that will give you the best bass management solution for your set-up.

Jeff Mackwood

ps. surely the 80Hz switch could have been designed with three settings instead: i) 80Hz on; ii) 80Hz off - double bass; and iii) 80Hz off - no double bass.

ps. while I've had my 950 for quite some time now, I have only just added SACD capability. I've now come to be very sympathetic to all those before me who have decried this design choice / design fault. Every other problem with the 950 has been either i) a fault that was fixed by Outlaw or ii) a design choice for which there exists a work-around. However this one has no work-around and I now consider it the one true design fault of the 950's otherwise excellent design.

ps. I'll try to hold off beating this horse any more!