mike

i have a sacd player...no dvd-a. since the 950 has on board BM (fixed 80hz HP and 120hz LP), no need for the icbm. i've installed the icbm with the 1050 receiver for clients, though, and it worked nicely to place the sub equidistant from the listening position with the front left and right speakers.

i did see the phase shift that kevin c brown thoroughly discussed here a while back.

as i said above, i believe it's caused by the redirected bass signal losing digital delay settings when switching from digital to analog 6 channel bypass. now, if your player has digital delay that is set once for digital and dvd-a both, and you still get the shift, i am at a loss as to how it can be so. i think it would have to be the digital filters vs analog crossover. and i think it would be different for every system setup out there.

as to the fix being that you have to switch back and forth...it's a drag. i've devised a completely new bass management system that fixes the problem. i just can't publicly detail it yet.

a phase reverse switch is simply not enough option to fix phase anomolies from 6, 7, 8, 9, or more speakers in one system. i am sure it's not a 180 degree difference in every system. it may seem subtle to you because you only have the reverse option (and it's on your sub, no less...probably on the BACK of the sub).

the icbm is still the best existing price/quality analog BM device on earth today. i've read the manual and tested it in the field. it's very clean and very accurate.
it's only drawback is that it's based on the current state of BM technology...which just don't work. but, that isn't outlaw's fault.

if you find anything solid in talking to the outlaws...please do post it here.