Quote:
Originally posted by bossobass:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Sloan:
[b]bossobass:

I have all settings on ICBM at 80Hz and recombine switch off.

The digital BM on Denon AVR4802 is all speakers small(80Hz)/sub on(80Hz and below.)

DV-45A has all speakers Large and sub on.This way the DVD player sends full range to ICBM and LFE on sub output....pretty standard setup.

ok, here's the probable scoop:

not being familiar with the receiver you have, i'll guess that it has speaker distance settings in the menu somewhere, and that you've set the distances correctly.

when you select a global 80hz high pass and send all satellite's lows below that point to the sub, that composite redirected bass signal is time aligned with the satellites.

when you switch to sacd/dvd-a, you lose the digital delay on the redirected bass signal.
(phase is time-alignment)

you could try this:

measure the distance from your sub driver's cone to your ear at the listening position and set the distance of your fr and fl at that distance.

then set the other speaker's distances by adding the difference between the actual fr/fl and the sub distance to their respective actual distances.

adjust the phase control on your sub to the best setting with this config while playing a digital source (dd, dts)

see if it helps at all when switching to dvd-a/sacd. it probably won't work as the mains setting is really at 0 no matter what you set it to. the idea is to at least get your fr and fl speakers aligned in both formats. moving the sub to a position that is the same distance as the fr/fl i bet will definitely help.

in any case...don't blame the icbm, because there isn't an analog BM box out there with delay settings (any manufacturers listening??)[/B]