I have a question regarding the ICBM and how it "fixes" the BM problem in regard to DVD-A and SACD. I've read numerous discussions/articles on how the LFE channel on DVD-A was 15 db to low. One article was from a Denon rep.(been a while, so can't remember who). However, on Denon's new models, the AVR-3803 and AVR-5803, an external 7.1 subwoofer setup level was added. It can be set at 0, +5, +10, or +15db. This is in addition to the regular 7.1 channel level controls. It's default setting is a +15 db boost and is 'recommended'.

So Denon's statement earlier matched their design later. For that reason, I have to conclude that there is a 15 db decrease in the LFE output of DVD-A(and perhaps SACD). Seems besides the lack of correct bass management in DVD-A players, there's also an incorrect LFE level. Since the ICBM only has the capability to LOWER the LFE...are we stuck here. Please correct me if my assumptions are not valid. I have ordered the ICBM and would like it to fix everything. I have a feeling that Outlaw will incorporate a boost in the LFE trim in the future???!!!