Thanks for the quick reply.

On several occasions I've tried to find the best place for my subwoofer... crawling around and so forth, just like you mentioned. After having lived with my present setup for nearly a year now, experience has made it clear that any "deep bass upgrade" I make will involve using 2 subwoofers. Square-shaped rooms are vilified for their poor acoustics, and where deep bass is concerned, a single sub just presents too many drawbacks, whereas 2 symmetrically placed subs can alleviate many of these problems.

To be honest, I'm confident that I'd have no trouble putting together a normal system that has a couple of conventional subwoofers. Hook everything up, set the crossover levels, fiddle with the relative volumes, and pray the house was built with stern stuff. Piece 'o cake!

Nope, my goal here is to find out, with the help of ICBM owners, if this thing can perform full bass management via 2 full-range main speakers only, without connecting a subwoofer to the SUB OUT jacks as one normally would. Why? Because after reading about these Vandersteen subwoofers, I think they may offer great potential for 2-channel and multichannel music. It's worth investigating.

I guess it's possible that the ICBM wasn't really designed for this purpose, but I hope one of you can prove me wrong!